Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 8

BREAKFAST

We started off our morning with a bowl of Oatmeal, complete with banana and blueberries. Also our cup of Espresso Coffee.

Read an interesting article this morning, about the consequences of the "Western" type diet...not the Tammy Wynette type of diet, but rather the Winnipeg type of diet. Of course we have all known this for a long time...but most of us choose to ignore it for all types of different reasons. For Katie and I, it just reinforces the steps we are taking right now.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/10/20/diet-heart-attack.html

LUNCH etc.

Had a veggie burger for lunch. Then it was off to the periodontist. Bad news in terms of $$. I have a tooth at the bottom which is deteriorating as a result of a previous injury. It has to come out and I have the choice to replace it with an implant...a mere $3,000-$3,500 or not. Then I have a receding gum on a tooth at the top, so tomorrow I am going to have a skin graft to build up the gum...luckily it is covered by Katie's plan 80%, but I still have to pay $750. Oh well...all things considered...not a big deal at all.

After the dentist had an apple with some peanut butter on the slices.

Good news for the day...after three days of trying...solved my ongoing problem with a piece of my equipment....YES!!!!

DINNER

Katie decided to make a stir fry...and it was very good!

Had rice pudding for dessert, which was also very good.

Some relaxation tonight...then off to the periodontist tomorrow.

more later....





No comments:

Post a Comment