Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 2, Wednesday February 4, 2009

Breakfast

As we said, we were going to cheat with one cup of coffee in the morning, so into the grinder the french roast coffee beans went, and soon we were enjoying a delicious cup of coffee...ummmm

Then it was a banana into a bowl, with Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal, and "Ryza" whole grain brown rice original, poured on top. This product is lactose, and gluten free, and enriched with calcium, vitamin D, and Vitamin A. It is pretty "thin" looking... worse than skim milk in appearance, but I didn't find it too bad at all, and I can certainly get used to it.

Both Katie and I are still pretty tired from our trip, always seems to take me three or four days to recover from a vacation.

Got to get organized...place looks like a hurricane hit it...but told Katie not to worry about it, as she is back to work today.

Weighed myself this morning 241.6...don't attribute this to being a vegan for one day...always lose weight when I get home, and stop eating like a pig.

Got a nice phone call from my friend Al this morning. He and his wife Judi are leaving in a few days for a two month holiday in Port Aransas, Texas. They were there last year and looking forward to their return trip.

LUNCH

Although tired, off I went in the cold for my 40 minute walk. I listen to an audio book while walking so it is actually quite enjoyable...more so...when it's warmer.


Katie had prepared more than required for last nights dinner so we could have some for lunch today. I had half of what remained so there is still some left. I also had a piece of whole grain bread toasted with no butter or margarine. Tasted just as good today as it did last night.

for a snack had an apple with a little organic natural peanut butter on the slices for extra flavor.

a few peanuts also during the afternoon.

I had a surge of energy, so starting getting things organized which were all over the place. Did some washing, vacuuming, and just generally getting things in better order. Katie was back at work today, so I am sure she will be happy to come back to a neater looking place.

DINNER

Katie did it again...another great meal...didn't think I would ever be eating like this...my mom wouldn't believe it if she saw it. The only thing I didn't like the taste of is the green beans...but...I think I will get used to it.

Dinner consisted of brown rice done in our new rice cooker(Katie made enough for the whole week) along with a stir fry medley, all mixed vegetables with balsamic vinegar and vegetable broth, which Katie added some garlic and ginger to.

The salad had raspberry balsamic vinaigrette on it.

Some green tea with blackberries, raspberries, pears, and a fig puree for dessert.

Now for some relaxation.....

more later




No comments:

Post a Comment