Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 14

Two weeks! Seems longer...not because we are on this program...but seems longer that we have been back home from our great holiday in Texas this year.

Two weeks eating as a vegan has been painless so far. Of course the big reason for that is the effort and talent that Katie is putting into it. I can honestly say that I don't feel deprived, and am not craving anything in particular. If I want something, I just grab something different than I used to is all. I can understand why a lot of the people that help people diet or affect a life style change...go to their residence and clean out their cupboards of the bad foods. Makes it a lot easier after that. Basically we just cleaned ours out, so that we had room for the new.

Weighed in at 236.4 this morning...so the progress in that regard is great during a two week period. A 6 pound loss is good for me, I am not trying to set any speed records. Katie is also down 6, and so far is enjoying this whole process.

We are planning on having our regular breakfast, coffee, orange juice, and oatmeal with fruit.

Then I have to get my walk in....missed it the last couple of days...and today for sure we are going to the Y to put our membership back in place.

We also need to go shopping again...one of the things about eating Vegan is that there are far more vegetables in the house. In order to keep fresh, they have to be purchased more often and kept for less time. A lot of the time, the other products which we used to have in the house, had ingredients which were designed, to enable the product to have a much longer shelf life. Just about all of those additives are simply not good good for you.

LUNCH

For lunch we had a great salad...letuce, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, avocados, apple, purple cabbage...the dressing was balsamic/pear/fig dressing.



Then we had a half each of Katie's delicious pumpkin pecan muffin

Spent about three hours tearing down my component stereo equipment...cleaning all the pieces, then trying to rewire everything so that all the wires were neater than when I first started. This project takes a long time, and everything has to go back in the proper order, otherwise my harmony remote which runs everything would not work properly, and I would have to hook it up to the internet to reprogram it.

Katie spent the afternoon cleaning....lucky us.

DINNER

We are having maple glazed yams with whole wheat pasta and vegetable tomato sauce.

It was great!

Relaxation for the rest of the night

more later....



No comments:

Post a Comment