Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 19

My Weight this morning 235.2
Katie is down 8 pounds

BREAKFAST

Katie and I are having blueberry and banana pancakes this morning. We are out of Kicking Horse Coffee so we are having Maxwell House Regular...which is still ok.

For those of you who never saw the Texas Blog, and for those that did, here is a small reminder of how badly we ate.

Huge plate of Deep Fried Shrimp at Dirty Al's


Single Hamburger and Onion Rings at Gonzales Burgers


Steak, Baked Potato and Mushrooms at Texas Steakhouse


Chicken Strips at El Patio

Were all those dishes great tasting? Absolutely! Are they good for you? Absolutely not! so.....we are just not going to eat like that anymore. I feel a lot better eating this way, than that way...I don't feel full and bloated, my blood sugar is good, and my total cholesterol will tell the tale when I go for my annual physical. Instead of gaining 7 pounds, I have lost 7 pounds in 18 days.

Why are we doing this? There are lots of reasons, and I explained some on the first day...it's just time to try and get healthier, and we both should have done more a lot sooner...perhaps right after we both quit smoking some 18 years ago now. Some of the reasons are explained on the following link...not all...but certainly gives FOOD for thought...hmmm....wonder where that comes from? ahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfapVCJqVI

Hope you enjoyed the info!

LUNCH

We had a home made veggie sub...which is just as good as the one at Subway.
Fresh strawberries for dessert and a piece of Katie's excellent carrot cake, which has nothing bad in it.

more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment