Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 106

BREAKFAST

Had a mix of whole grain cheerios and shredded wheat with a banana and the usual cup of freshly roasted coffee.

Found my blood sugar still goes up because of the carbs but not as much as eating porridge. Good thing is that it doesn't stay up for long.

Went for my usual 40 minute walk, still a little chill in the air that's for sure.

LUNCH

Had left over veggie spaghetti and a glass of water

Went to the Doctor this afternoon to get the results of last weeks blood tests, and see if I'm down a pint on anything.

I was down on virtually everything, but not by as much as I thought. I was up on one thing and that was my good cholesteral which is very good. I was up by more on that measurement than I was down on the rest. I think it's pretty hard to drop too much when the reading were good last year anyway. Doctor was pleased and said I was not down a pint in anything.

So there you have it....Of course the other thing I am down is in pounds. So is Katie. So because our taste buds have now changed and this is not a hard regime to follow by any means, we will continue.

For the last little while I have been thinking about suspending my daily posts to the blog. I mentioned that it is busier now in the summer, and I have accomplished what I set out to do...i.e. write about our adventure so that it was documented, and hope that anyone reading might learn from our experience and may decide to take a healthier path as a result. I sure hope that's the case!

In any case, we know from all we have read and how we feel, and the changes we have seen in ourselves, that it is a healthier way of living.

So to all of you who have followed faithfully...we say THANK YOU!

I'm not saying I won't make some posts from time to time, I will just not promise to make them on a schedule. If you want to check in every once and a while....great!

more later.....just not sure how much later......

Jim and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment