Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 100

100 Days....who would have thought!....especially for me who was never a great lover of vegetables and would avoid them totally if I could. It will be interesting next week to see what some of my readings are when the lab results come back from my visit to the Doctor.

It was golf today with the Happy Hackers group, which is a different country course every second week. Trouble is weather was not good today so it got canceled.

Not sure how long I will keep up publishing the blog....getting a lot busier in the summer with golf two or three times a week. Will take it day by day, for now I guess.

There are many different definitions for vegetarians and vegans, I have published some of them before. then you have some who eat raw foods only. I also commented before, that Katie and I don't want to take this to extremes, where we are are not flexible in social situations, and not flexible even in our own lives.

Had to replace the oatmeal for breakfast as it was driving my blood sugar too high afterwards. This morning had an omlette made with egg whites, mushrooms, green onions, red pepper, tomato. Very Good, but the strict vegans who look down their noses at anyone who does not adopt their beliefs would not be pleased. Egg whites come from Chickens....OH NO!!!!!!!.....
A travesty...horrible....nasty....should be put on the rack in the public square...kind of tongue lashing. Why? because we're contributing to the mistreatment of animals. There are plenty of these type of do what I say folks, on message boards. Ask them if they drive a car and don't mind contributing to world pollution and they will come up with one of many excuses.

So we had a product that comes from chickens....there I said it! Ready for the 40 lashes with a wet noodle. For Katie and I it is about finding our way, and doing what we feel comfortable with. Are we going to start eating chicken again? Not likely...as we are trying to avoid the fat and cholesterol in chickens, which is virtually as bad as eating red meat. We also don't like the fact that chickens in general are pumped full of synthetic hormones and antibiotics to increase profits. I have published information about this before.

So....no golf today....on to other projects.......more later......

LUNCH

Had a veggie wrap and a banana

DINNER

Katie made Shepard's Pie with yams instead of potatoes. It was extremely good and healthy as well! Got to keep that one on the list!

more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment